Saturday January 10, 2015 seemed like as good a day as any for some philanthropy and to help spread the word about CRNA week. Thus, Dave Andrews, Tommy Munsey, Megan Mallory, Emily Georke, Jenna Fiorella-Bufkin, Scarlet Andrews, Stephan Lewis and myself volunteered with “Friends of Trees”. Over the course of a few hours we helped plant a half a dozen trees all while wearing this years CRNA week t-shirts. It is our hope that we not only did some good for a Beaverton community, but also helped to spread the word about our profession in the process. There is still time to volunteer and educate our communities before CRNA week comes and goes so do your best to spread the word.
Submitted by: Douglas Bufkin, CRNA
President David Andrews, CRNA
PR Co-Chair Douglas Bufkin, CRNA
President Elect Tommy Munsey, President David Andrews, PR Co-Chair Douglas Bufkin
Jenna Bufkin, CRNA, Education Chair Megan Mallory, GRC Chair Emily Goerke
Oregon is proud to have a strong OHSU Nurse Anesthesia program. You can help promote and encourage these students in several ways. A few of these idea are:
1) If you are attending the ORANA Annual Conference in Portland please take part in their fundraiser Friday, November 14, 2014 (more information to come).
2) You can send a donation check to ORANA (please write "Student Fund" in the memo field). Monies raised will be used to send two students to the AANA Mid-Year Assembly meeting this April in Washington DC.
3) You can donate electronically.
4) Consider giving airline and hotel rewards to our students so they can attend meetings.
5) Finally, Sponsor-an-OREGON-Student by paying their registration fee.
Thank you for your part in supporting our students!
"OHSU Student Fund" donations should be mailed to:
PO Box 4444
Salem, OR 97302
For questions regarding donations, please contact Evelyn Bloomhart at 503.874.1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org